Hormone imbalance is quite a rampant problem in women especially the ones who are of middle age order. Women’s health is greatly affected by hormones and if there should be any imbalance, the health conditions could deteriorate. A woman with hormonal imbalance not only suffers from physical health conditions but also faces complications in relationships with others.
What causes hormonal imbalance?
There are various factors contributing to the hormone imbalance in women. The lifestyle of a woman is one of the important factors on the whole which is responsible for hormonal imbalance. The lifestyle includes the nutrition, the physical activities, mental stress, and physiological activities such as menstrual cycle. Sometimes hormonal levels are also affected due to external stimuli such as chemicals, dust, smoke, etc.
What are the symptoms of hormonal imbalance?
There are various symptoms of hormonal imbalance in women which can be identified by self examination. Here is the list of few of the common symptoms which can help you determine if you have hormone imbalance:
- Hot flashes
- Irritable nature
- Facial hair growth
- Mood swings
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Irregular menses
- Bone loss
- Oily skin ( Also, presence of Acne)
- Sleep disturbances
- Tender breasts
- Decreased sex drive
How to treat hormonal imbalance?
After you have self examined yourself with the above symptoms, you can come to a conclusion if you have hormonal imbalance. If you have identified majority of the symptoms in you, there are pretty good chances that you are suffering from hormonal imbalance. Under such circumstances, it is imperative that you visit your doctor and seek medical attention to it.
The conventional treatment would include hormonal modifiers which can either reduce or increase your hormone levels depending on the case which is with you. But since medicines for treatment of hormonal imbalance would cause more side effects, you may wish to go for home remedies which are listed below:
- Practicing yoga or normal exercises everyday would help you to keep the hormonal balance on even keel. Meditation can also be done to relieve mental stress and to keep your mind fresh which in turn would keep the hormonal balance straight.
- Eating more fruits, vegetables, fruit juices, and vegetable soups helps in keeping the hormonal balance in women. This would also help in improving women’s health in other aspects as well.
- You can try out herbal methods in which Evening primrose oil can be used to set the hormonal balance. Even Wild yams which are important source of progesterone like substance can help restore hormonal balance in women. Liquorice is another herb which helps in restoring progesterone levels in women.
- Maintaining timed sleep hours and having adequate sleep would also boost your hormone levels and help keep them balanced.
- The alternative therapies like Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Body massage, help in alleviating the symptoms of hormonal imbalance and improves the hormone production.